|pic found at bellydanceforbirth.com|
Here's What's Going on in My Little Corner
1. Well, the biggest news is....I'm pregnant! I am very happy and feel very at peace. We have been debating a third child for some time and since this was a surprise, I am guessin this one wants to be here. :) But I already have mom-brain. For those of you who don't have kids that is when during pregnancy and for about 8 months after you are dumb. Putting the remote in the refrigerator and the cheese on the mantel dumb. Hey, my body is making a person. I apparently don't have time to think.
2. They think they got all the cancer in my husband. They took 8 lymph nodes, a large chunk of his arm, ( looks like a shark bite), and a skin graft from his leg ( which surprisingly hurts him the most right now. It doesn't help that the nurses keep calling it the "donor site"....creepy). When he is not on his "happy pills" he is hobbling around, and looks pretty pitiful. The whole thing has been a huge strain,and I am relieved ( knock on wood) that we are on the way to recovery. But the past month and a half has been a blur. The only cool thing is the outpouring of creativity from my family and my husband and I as we come up with awesome stories to explain the large chunk of his arm that is missing. My brother wrote this concerning the wound...
i told garey busey his genetic self-experiments with sharkbearwolf blood would end badly. ......... From that day henceforth the mutated bite wound became self-aware. Later describing itself as "The Singularity". Realizing that non-bite marked humans (what the Singularity would come to emotionally refer to as "fleshy abominations") were at a disadvantage, the singularity set out every full moon to systematically exterminate all "inferior beings". ............also........ you can put M&Ms and shit in there
Yeah, we are all sort of nuts. In a good way. in a fun way.
3. Two kids, and one on the way. Burgeoning writing career. Husband in cancer-recovery. Yeah, it is an understatement to say that bellydance will be on the back burner for a while. Sucks in a way, but not at all in another way. When you have been dancing as long as I have, bellydance never really exits your life, it is such a part. But it shifts....and it is shiftin' again. I have never been one of those people that goes to every workshop, show etc., but now I am goin' to none. It is an adjustment, but I'd say I am o.k. with the trade off.
4. I am having major issues leaving comments on all of my readers blogs. For some reason it will let me do it half of the time. So yeah, I read everyone's blog, and I want to comment. For now I will just have to read your posts and comment in my mind.
5. Bellydancing feels so GOOD on my pregnant body. Just some soft undulations and some small tight shimmies really relieves the back pain I am already feeling. Yay, bellydance!